By Sharmini Jayawardena
How to lose 10-12kg in 2 months with no extreme measures and with no exercise, in 3 easy steps.
1. Breakfast of a fruit platter 🍉 🍎 🍌 and milk rice 🍛. The recipe will follow.
2. Lunch on a vegetable 🌶 🌽 🍅 stew with boiled white rice.
You can follow the stew recipe here👇🏽
3. A dinner 🍽 of vegetable soup and two slices of bread🥖🍞🥯
🔶After lunch or dinner you can have a dessert spoon-full of ice cream.
🔶In between meals or with your lunch or dinner you can indulge in a coffee or lime juice with moderate sugar. Keep in mind that this is the only sugar you will be taking for the day.
🔶Take 1 capsule of a good multivitamin after dinner, daily.
Start by drinking water💦💧
Follow with the fruit platter.
Then the milk rice.
Here’s how to make milk rice or kiribath (Sri Lankan/ Sinhalese):
1. Wash 1/2 cup white rice and 1/2 cup red raw rice three times. Drain and place in a pot.
2. Add water. Take the measure from the surface of the rice, upto the first ring mark of your middle finger and set the rice to boil on the stove.
3. Once well cooked, mix coconut milk with salt to taste and add it to the cooked rice. Stir until well combined. Cook until you get the crackling sound.
4. Remove from fire, scoop the cooked rice on to a plate and smothen it to about 2” high. Mark lines to create diamond shapes. Leave to set.
Plate up 2 diamonds of the milk rice, pour 1 dessertspoon-full of extra virgin organic coconut🌴🥥 oil over it. Enjoy.
Coconut oil increases your metabolism which helps burn fat.
You can make a batch of the milk rice and keep it refrigerated.
Make the vegetable stew as given in the Vegetable Pie recipe above. You may add different, compatible vegetables of your choice. Make a batch and refrigerate for convenience.
You can add a choice of herbs 🌿 like basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and a piece or two of cinnamon, to the stew. Add either a combination or just the single herb. Fresh or dry herbs. Be careful when adding dry herbs as it is concentrated.
You can also add a few pinches of nutmeg powder for that extra oomph.
◾️Note: This is the only flavouring in your stew except for butter, pepper and salt.
🔺Important: The dessertspoon-full of coconut oil and butter are your only intake of fat for the day for several days! So add a liberal knob of butter to the rue of each batch of your vegetable stew. It also adds to the flavour. You can also add 6 cloves of chopped garlic to the rue for extra flavour.
Plate up a portion of stew. Then, scoop up 3 servingspoon-fuls🥄 of boiled white rice 🍚 on to the plate and enjoy. You can add more sea salt 🧂 to taste if necessary.
1.5 cups of a cream of vegetable soup.
I love my cream of tomato, cream of mushroom, cream of leek, cream of asparagus, cream of pumpkin, cream of zucchini, soups.
Make a batch and refrigerate.
I will share with you some soup recipes.
Soups are gorgeously tasty😋 and full of fiber, hence it creates volume in your stomach but adds almost nothing to your calorie intake!
2 slices of an artisan bread.
You will find a variety at a good supermarket bakery. I like the sourdough or Milano foccacia or farmer’s bread.
You can butter 1 slice of bread.
◾️Note: You are taking a minimum of all foods you must avoid – Wheat, vegetable oil and refined sugar!
Keep up the good work for which you do need some discipline😊 Though not that much as you don’t feel hungry through the day!
If you do need to snack very badly, eat some fruit, nuts🥜, some yogurt or a piece of cheese 🧀
You can eat the occasional slice of cake🍰. But not more than just the one😊
Eat out occasionally.
Exercises to maintain the weight you have worked to achieve, will follow soon!
Recipe for Cream Of Leek Soup
2 medium potatoes
1 stalk celery
A few cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
All purpose flour
Sea salt and pepper to taste
A liberal knob of butter
1. Wash and cut all vegetables in to 1” pieces.
2. Wash the leeks thoroughly to clean off all the sand from the leaves and inner parts of the stem.
3. Keep the green parts of the leeks aside.
4. Add water to cover the vegetables and some.
5. Cook until ingredients are soft.
6. Remove from fire and add the green leafy parts of the leeks once the heat has fairly subsided. Do not cover.
7. Then, add the leaves to the pot and allow it to blanch. This will help to maintain the lush green colour of the leeks.
8. Once it is cool, add to blender in portions and pulse until it becomes a puree.
9. Keep this refrigerated.
10. Make a rue as given in the Stew recipe in a sauce pot. This is to thicken the soup.
11. Add 2 cups of the leek purée to the rue and let it cook while stirring.
12. Add about 2 dessertspoon-fuls of milk and stir.
13. Add sea salt and pepper to taste and stir.
14. Plate it on to a soup plate.
When eating your soup 🍲 take the soup on to your soup spoon away from you. This helps to cool your soup; always tilt the soup plate away from yourself.