9th May 2023
By Sharmini Jayawardena
Today, we give you a slight variation of the Screw, Up Against The Wall ? I’m not sure 😀, by adding a splash of Cointreau to the mix.
2 parts Vodka (optional)
3 parts freshly squeezed orange juice
1 part Cointreau or Triple Sec (optional)
1 part simple syrup (for a sweet taste)
Lots of ice
Garnish with a small orange slice/ lime wedges and/ or herbs like rosemary
Glass – You can serve your cocktail in tumbler glasses or highball glasses. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You can choose your glass.
1. Top up the glass with ice cubes.
2. Pour 2 parts vodka over it.
3. Squeeze fresh orange juice with your hands if you do not have a juicer, and pour 3 parts straight into a glass. You could strain it if you don’t like the pulp.
4. Add 1 part Cointreau.
5. Add simple syrup. Stir.
6. Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients in a pitcher, and pour it over the ice into the glass. Or add all ingredients including the ice into a shaker and shake for 10-20 seconds before straining into the glass.
6. I garnished my vodka orange cocktail with an orange slice, an orange spiral and a sprig of basil from my garden🪴 .