By Home cook Sharmini Jayawardena
2 apples and 6 pears (those which you have an excess of, or are going abegging)
¾ cup soft brown sugar
¾ cup water
Juice of one lime
2” piece Ceylon cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
1. Wash, peel core and cut fruit into chunks.
- Add sugar and water to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the lime juice and cinnamon.
- Add the fruit and stir.
5. When the fruit is rather soft, remove from fire and pour into a glass dish.
- Let the stew cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
This dessert is best had with custard or with vanilla ice cream.
You can use this stew in a trifle pudding. The recipe is down bellow.