Pasta di Natale😃
Home Cook: Sharmini Jayawardena
Serves one person.
1 1/2 hrs prepping time.
30gm cooked pasta 🍝
1/2 medium onion chopped or sliced
5 cloves garlic chopped finely
3 tbls grated cheddar cheese 🧀
2 tbls grated Parmesan cheese ( medium flavour)
Reserve part of the grated cheese for later
Dash of heavy cream
2 sprigs of large leafed oregano
3 sprigs small leafed oregano 🌿
1 sprig thyme
3 leaves basil 🌿
(Remove the leaves of part of the herbs and set aside)
1 chopped tomato
Salt, pepper, sugar, chili🌶 powder to taste
2 tbls coconut oil
All the herbs used in this dish were grown in our home garden.
1. Heat coconut 🌴 🥥 oil in pan and sauté onions. Then sauté garlic.
2. Add tomato 🍅 and add the leaves of herbs 🌿 to the sauté.
3. Add salt, pepper, sugar and chili 🌶 powder to taste.
4. Add the pasta and the cheeses and stir and remove from heat. Add the dash of heavy cream and stir and plate it in a deep plate.
5. Garnish with all of the fresh herbs 🌿 and sprinkle the reserved grated cheese 🧀 over the pasta.
6. Serve hot😍
The dish does literally have Christmasy 🎄 colours in it😁