Pasta di Natale 🎄🎅🍝
Home Cook: Sharmini Jayawardena
Serves one person.
1 1/2 hrs prepping time.
30gm cooked pasta 🍝
1/2 medium onion chopped or sliced
5 cloves garlic chopped finely
3 tbls grated cheddar cheese 🧀
2 tbls grated Parmesan cheese ( medium flavour)
Reserve part of the grated cheese for later
Dash of heavy cream
2 sprigs of large leafed oregano
3 sprigs small leafed oregano
1 sprig thyme
3 leaves basil
(Remove the leaves of part of the herbs and set aside)
1 chopped tomato
Salt, pepper, sugar, chili 🌶 powder to taste
2 tbls coconut oil
All the herbs used in this dish were grown in our home garden.
1. Heat coconut oil in pan and sauté onions. Then sauté garlic.
2. Add tomato and add the leaves of herbs to the sauté.
3. Add salt, pepper, sugar and chili 🌶 powder to taste.
4. Add the pasta and the cheeses and stir and remove from heat. Add the dash of heavy cream and stir and plate it in a deep plate.
5. Garnish with all of the fresh herbs and sprinkle the reserved grated cheese 🧀 over the pasta.
6. Serve hot.
The dish does literally have Christmasy 🎄 colours in it